Willis in G.I. Joe?

Scarlett by ArtNerdEm
No one who was into G.I. Joe when they were growing up liked the G.I. Joe movie (or, at least, they shouldn't). Actually, I have yet to see it. And I have yet to hear good about it. But, they're making a sequel. I rolled my eyes and dismissed the news. However, the more I hear about it, the better it sounds. G.I. Joe 2 already has Dwayne The Rock Johnson cast as Roadblock and now it sounds like Bruce Willis will be in the film somehow:

Bruce Willis linked with G.I. Joe 2

Simon Brew


Could the cast of G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes be adding Bruce Willis to its roster?

Published on Jul 4, 2011

There have been lots of changes this time, though. Director Stephen Sommers has gone, and been replaced with Jon Chu. Meanwhile, there's been an overhaul of the cast, too, with very few returning from the original film (Channing Tatum will be back, mind).
Production is set to begin shortly on G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes, the sequel to the not-very-well-received G.I. Joe movie of a year or two back.
Instead, new faces are being added. Dwayne Johnson has already signed up for action, and Deadline reports that Adrianne Palicki is on board, too. Palicki was set to be playing Wonder Woman on the small screen, but the not-very-well-received pilot episode of the show put paid to that.
The big casting conundrum, apparently, is who is set to play Joe Colton in the movie. Bruce Willis is reportedly a "top choice", although he's one of several actors being considered. Nonetheless, there's been no formal offering of the role to anyone that we can dig up right now. (Willis is set to shoot Die Hard 5 at some point, but it's looking a little less likely that'll be this year.)
Paramount is readying G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes for next summer. And you can read more at Deadline, here.
link

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more