Indiana Jones 5

Commission - Indiana Jones by misscoffee
George is looking for a MacGuffin. A what?

It's a phrase that was coined by Alfred Hitchcock in like 1939...
MacGuffin: an object, event, or character in a film or story that serves to set and keep the plot in motion despite usually lacking intrinsic importance
As bad as it was, I still do like Indy 4. Apparently Lucas, Ford and Speilberg all disagreed about 4's MacGuffin. We'll see what they come up with for 5.




George Lucas Is Still Puzzling Over Indiana Jones 5


Whenever Steven Spielberg is asked about the status of a fifth Indiana Jones film, he usually passes the buck to his producing partner George Lucas, whom he entrusts to come up with the plot-propelling MacGuffin for each movie (whether it's the ark of the covenant or an extraterrestrial crystal skull). Recently, Spielberg told EW, "We have already agreed on the genre of the fifth movie, we already have a concept in mind," but when Vulture caught up with Lucas last night at the premiere of The Adventures of Tintin, Lucas admitted that the concept wasn't quite fleshed out. "Actually, I told him I didn't have it yet," Lucas said. "I told him about the story, but I really haven't found the MacGuffin yet. I mean, I know what it's about, but I just have to find a MacGuffin that fits into the arena we're working in." Will Indiana's considerably extended family factor into the movie? Lucas just laughed. "Yeah, we'll see!" 
link

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more